Bilingual Doctor-Patient FAQ Communication is essential for international patients in China. This guide breaks down key questions, multilingual support, and how to communicate effectively with English-speaking doctors during medical tourism.
For international patients, bilingual doctor-patient FAQ communication removes language barriers and ensures clear, informed decisions. Whether you’re asking about treatment plans, follow-up care, or hospital procedures, having access to multilingual support makes your medical journey in China smoother and more confident.
Language barriers remain a key challenge for international patients seeking medical care in China. This platform prepares a bilingual FAQ list for doctor-patient communication. We recommend printing/saving this page before hospital visits. For personalized assistance (hospital selection, translation, or guided care), please contact our team. Thank you!

A、医院导诊台 Helpdesk at a hospital
1.if you don’t know which department to to register for
- 症状: 我[头痛/胃痛/关节肿痛],该挂哪个科?
- I have [headache/stomachache/joint swelling]. Which department should I register for?
Note: You can also refer to the “Medical Department Finder with Symptom” page on our platform to preliminarily determine the department you need to register for.

2.If you need translation
- 是否有会讲英语的医生?
- Is there an English-speaking doctor available?
- 挂号时能否安排现场翻译?费用多少?
- Can an on-site translator be arranged? What is the cost?
- 从诊断到出院全程需要专业医疗翻译陪同
- I require professional medical translation services throughout my hospitalization.
- 我需要国际患者服务处协助
- I need assistance from the International Patient Service.

B、预约挂号 (Appointment Registration)
- 我想预约[科室]医生
- I’d like to make an appointment with a [department] doctor.
- (例:皮肤科 dermatology / 骨科 orthopedics)
- 专家咨询: 我想预约[某疾病]领域的权威专家
- I need an appointment with a top specialist in [disease name].

C、分诊台 (Triage Desk Scenarios)
- 病情分级: 我的疼痛等级是8/10,需要优先就诊吗?
- My pain level is 8/10. Can I get priority consultation?
- 材料预审: 这是我在本国的检查报告,需要重新做吗?
- Here are my overseas test reports. Do I need retesting?
- 在哪里取挂号单?
- Where can I get my registration slip?

D、门诊流程 (Outpatient Process)
- 请带我去[科室]诊室
- Please take me to the [department] consultation room.
- 我预约的名字是[姓名]
- My appointment is under the name [Name].

E、检查检验 (Medical Tests)
- 化验室/放射科怎么走?
- How do I get to the Lab/Radiology Department?
- 这项检查需要空腹吗?
- Do I need to fast for this test?
- 报告多久能出?
- How long for the test results?
- 特殊需求: 我是孕妇,这个CT扫描安全吗?
- I’m pregnant. Is this CT scan safe?
- 报告传递: 能否将电子版报告发送至我的邮箱?
- Can you email the digital report to [your@email.com]?

F、支付费用 (Payment)
1. for payment issues
- 可以用国际信用卡吗?
- Do you accept international credit cards?
- 请提供费用明细清单
- Please provide an itemized bill.
- 费用预估: 请书面提供治疗方案的总费用预估
- Please provide a written cost estimate for the treatment plan.
- 我要开发票报销
- I need a receipt for insurance reimbursement.
2. for medical insurance issues
- 保险直付: 医院是否支持我的保险公司[如AXA]直接结算?
- Do you accept direct billing from my insurer [e.g. AXA]?
- 请将术前授权书传真至我的保险公司[号码]
- Please fax the pre-authorization form to my insurer at [number].

G、取药/治疗 (Pharmacy/Treatment)
- 取药窗口在哪里?
- Where is the pharmacy pickup counter?
- 请说明服药方法
- Please explain how to take this medication.
- 这个治疗有副作用吗?
- Does this treatment have side effects?

H、紧急情况 (Emergencies)
- 我需要急救!
- I need emergency help!
- 请联系我的紧急联系人:
- Please contact my emergency person: [电话 Tel].
- 我对[药物]过敏
- I’m allergic to [medication].
- 药物沟通: 这是我在用的药物清单,请确认是否冲突
- Here is my current medication list. Please check for interactions.
- 法律授权: 如我失去意识,请联系我的法律授权人[姓名+电话]
- If I become unconscious, contact my legal proxy [Name+Tel].

I、住院流程 (Hospitalization)
- 住院部在哪里办理手续?
- Where is the inpatient admission office?
- 病房有Wi-Fi吗?
- Is there Wi-Fi in the ward?
- 我想申请单人病房
- I request a private room.
- 膳食定制: 我有糖尿病,需要定制餐单
- I have diabetes and require customized meals.
- 宗教需求: 病房能否安排祈祷空间?
- Is there a prayer space in the ward?

J、离院事项 (Discharge)
- 请开具英文版诊断证明
- Please provide an English medical certificate.
- 如何复印我的病历?
- How can I get a copy of my medical records?
- 复诊需要预约吗?
- Do I need an appointment for follow-up?
- 跨境复诊: 如何通过视频进行海外复诊?
- How to schedule a video follow-up from abroad?
- 药品携带: 这些处方药能带多少出境?需要什么证明?
- What’s the limit for taking these prescribed medicines overseas? What documents are needed?

K、实用提示 (Tips)
- take important documents with you携带重要证件:护照 Passport | 保险单 Insurance Policy | 病历本 Medical Record Book
- Top-tier hospitals (e.g. Peking Union in Beijing, Ruijin in Shanghai) provide bilingual self-service kiosks. Look for the ’International Medical Center’ signage for English-language assistance.

China’s official guidelines for international medical services


